KRFL - a football simulation league
Forums
KRFL :: Forums :: KRFL Forums :: 2022 Season League Business
Rule Proposal - Adding player to tender/franchise eligible list. << Previous thread | Next thread >>
Moderators: noodles, MarkB
Author Post
Salem
Mon Mar 28 2022, 12:36a.m.
Registered Member #25

Current Rule:
Rule 14.5/.14.6 - states that veterans need be on a team and under contract for 3 years or more to be tender/franchise eligible.

Proposed Rule:
During cutdown day, each non playoff team may add one player who will be a free agent, regardless of contract length, to the list of tender/franchise eligible players. Once that player is added, all tender/franchise rules apply to that player.

Explanation:
The very worst part of the KRFL is the annual dumping of players for draft picks. Non-playoff teams trade away as many of their upcoming free agents for whatever draft picks they can get. The reason? These upcoming FAs have no future value to them. This rule gives them the potential to have value. Instead of trading away a highly rated player for a middle of the road draft pick, they can keep that player and franchise/tender offer them in the off season.
Salem
Mon Mar 28 2022, 12:37a.m.
Registered Member #25

I slightly edited the rule proposal to address the questions that were asked.

Jerry, if you want to submit a rule about extending any player 1 season, please do so on a different proposal. I would probably support it.
mark
Mon Mar 28 2022, 09:03a.m.
Registered Member #45

So you still only able to tender/franchise a total of two…your just allowing to add a player regardless of contract to the list?
Salem
Mon Mar 28 2022, 01:10p.m.
Registered Member #25

Yes, that is correct.

As I mentioned, players in the last year of the contract are often traded by losing teams because they have no value (automatic free agent). Now teams have an option of keeping one of their better players instead of automatically trading them.
mark
Mon Mar 28 2022, 01:23p.m.
Registered Member #45

Ok, I’ll support.

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF