KRFL - a football simulation league
Forums
KRFL :: Forums :: KRFL Forums :: 2022 Season League Business
Proposed Rule Change: Draft Lottery Winner Does Not get the 1st Pick in Both Drafts-But Gets Choice << Previous thread | Next thread >>
Go to page   <<      
Moderators: noodles, MarkB
Author Post
KRFL-BayCity
Tue Mar 29 2022, 03:21p.m.
Registered Member #12

what is the criteria for choosing if the team has already traded one or both of their picks.... if trading one, I would assume they must choose whichever they retain and their trading partner for the other would be disadvantaged; but what if both are gone; they shouldn't have the power to decide since they own neither....
mark
Tue Mar 29 2022, 03:26p.m.
Registered Member #45

I assumed that if I traded my #1 rookie pick. That is the same as having and choosing that pick, since I’m increasing my draft capital through the pick.
MarkB
Tue Mar 29 2022, 07:37p.m.
Mark Blume

Registered Member #81

Good question Jerry. I had not thought of that.
But Mark wrote what I was going to respond with.

So the next questions is what if the lottery winner traded both their 1st Round Rookie Pick and their 1st Round Free Agent Draft Pick, in that case the Rookie Draft would be the one considered to be chosen.

[ Edited Tue Mar 29 2022, 07:37p.m. ]
MarkB
Tue Mar 29 2022, 07:44p.m.
Mark Blume

Registered Member #81

Updated Proposal.....

Current Rule: The Free Agent Draft order is the same as the Rookie Draft.

Proposal: Starting with the 2023 drafts, after the lottery and before the annual roster cut-down week, the winner of the draft lottery chooses if they want the first pick in the Rookie Draft or the Free Agent Draft, and the first four picks in each round of the Free Agent Draft will be in the inverse order of the Rookie Draft. So the team picking 1st in the Rookie Draft will pick 4th in the Free agent Draft, the team picking 2nd in the Rookie Draft will pick 3rd in the Free Agent Draft, the team picking 3rd in the Rookie Draft will pick 2nd in the Free Agent Draft, the team picking 4th in the Rookie Draft will pick 1st in the Free Agent Draft.

>If the lottery winner traded its 1st round Rookie Draft Pick, then for purposes of the choice between the drafts, the Rookie Draft will be considered the draft chosen and not the Free Agent Draft.
>If the lottery winner traded its 1st round Free Agent Draft Pick, then for purposes of the choice between the drafts, the Free Agent will be considered the draft chosen and not the Rookie Draft.
> If the lottery winner traded its 1st round picks in BOTH the Rookie Draft and the Free Agent Draft, then for purposes of the choice between the drafts, the Rookie Draft will be considered the draft chosen.

Justification: The team winning the Draft Lottery has a significant advantage by having the first pick in both drafts. This would force them to choose which draft they want the first pick in, knowing they do not get the first pick in both.
Go to page   <<       

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF