KRFL - a football simulation league
Forums
KRFL :: Forums :: KRFL Forums :: 2022 Season League Business
Proposed Rule Change: Penalties for Trading High Priced Players In Season << Previous thread | Next thread >>
Go to page       >>  
Moderators: noodles, MarkB
Author Post
Steelers
Fri Mar 25 2022, 05:12p.m.
Registered Member #100

Existing Rule 7.2 ( incorporated by reference )

Proposed Rule Change 7.2.A

A. Any team which makes a trade during the in season trade period with a player in the last year of his contract with a contract equal to or exceeding 5 Million dollars shall forfeit rookie draft picks for the following year based on the following scale:

first player traded : loss of 3rd round draft pick
second player traded: loss of 2nd round draft pick
third player traded: Loss of 1st round draft pick

The forfeited picks will be distributed by the league office to other teams in the league based on next year's draft order from irst to last. Teams involved with the trade involving the penalty will not be allowed to participate in the redistribution.

The reason for this rule is to make it more expensive to sell off their stars . Coupled with the proposed Gold Plan rule, the rules make our league more competitive and increases incentives to win.

[ Edited Fri Mar 25 2022, 09:39p.m. ]
mark
Fri Mar 25 2022, 05:30p.m.
Registered Member #45

I’m not totally against this idea, but I think stopping in season trading would be a better approach. Imho

[ Edited Fri Mar 25 2022, 05:34p.m. ]
MarkB
Fri Mar 25 2022, 09:16p.m.
Mark Blume

Registered Member #81

I am also against this proposal. This proposal would penalize a team that traded a $4 million player in the last year of his contract and acquired a player with two years left on his contract and a salary of $2 million. Doesn't make sense that the team should also lose a high draft pick for making such a trade.

I am against stopping in-season trading. We've already passed enough restrictions on trading over the past few years.
Steelers
Fri Mar 25 2022, 09:19p.m.
Registered Member #100

Your objection inflates what the rule actually says.
The proposal does not "prevent inseason trading", it sets limitations on trading your best players in the last year of their contracts. It does not limit any other inseason trading. These type of trades are the classic example of how teams tank during the season.

[ Edited Fri Mar 25 2022, 09:20p.m. ]
MarkB
Fri Mar 25 2022, 09:31p.m.
Mark Blume

Registered Member #81

Steelers wrote ...

Your objection inflates what the rule actually says.
The proposal does not "prevent inseason trading", it sets limitations on trading your best players in the last year of their contracts. It does not limit any other inseason trading. These type of trades are the classic example of how teams tank during the season.

My first comment responded to your proposal.
My second comment responded to Mark's comment that he thinks stopping in-season trading is a better idea.
Steelers
Fri Mar 25 2022, 09:39p.m.
Registered Member #100

I believe the proposal will stop the classic dumping of the described players. I will amend the proposed rule change to players with salaries equal to or more than 5 million in the last year of their contract to make it more flexible. The penalties are needed to reduce these type of trades.
mark
Sat Mar 26 2022, 08:46a.m.
Registered Member #45

I understand stopping in season trading would be difficult just as this proposal would, especially on the transition faze. No way to make it fair without starting over.

[ Edited Sat Mar 26 2022, 08:58a.m. ]
Steelers
Sat Mar 26 2022, 01:29p.m.
Registered Member #100

The proposal does not equate to ending inseason trading, it is a totally different animal.
I also fail to see how adopting the proposal is unfair because the rule applies equally to all teams.
If you have players who would be effected by this rule, you still can trade them before the season starts.
mark
Sat Mar 26 2022, 03:09p.m.
Registered Member #45

Steelers wrote ...

The proposal does not equate to ending inseason trading, it is a totally different animal.
I also fail to see how adopting the proposal is unfair because the rule applies equally to all teams.
If you have players who would be effected by this rule, you still can trade them before the season starts.

I just meant the transition from one year to the next year. Last year I sold the farm. I would have a little bit advantage going forward. It’s no big deal to me and your recommendation has merit.
KRFL-BayCity
Sun Mar 27 2022, 12:39a.m.
Registered Member #12

BAY CITY would not support.... a team that is non-competitive should not be restricted from improving its future....
Go to page       >>   

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF