KRFL :: Forums :: KRFL Forums :: 2022 Season League Business
Reward for subbing << Previous thread | Next thread >>
Moderators: noodles, MarkB
Author Post
Salem
Wed Mar 23 2022, 05:04p.m.
Registered Member #25

Current Rule:
Rule 15.5 indicates that one team will win an additional rookie pick, at the end of the 5th round, for subbing during the season.

Proposed Rule:
In addition to one team being awarded a 5th round rookie pick for subbing, every other GM who subbed during the season and did not win the lottery will be rewarded an 8th round rookie pick. The order is the same as the rest of the rookie draft

Explanation:
As a way to increase subbing, and to reward everyone who participates, a bonus 8th round of the rookie draft will be for members who donated their time during the year to help out.
MarkB
Wed Mar 23 2022, 05:40p.m.
Mark Blume

Registered Member #81

I am ok with that, however, then I would want a more formal system of determining who the substitute coach is where a coach needing a sub reaches out to me. I reach out to the other members asking who can sub. Then I choose the substitute coach with the goal of giving all coaches an equal opportunity to sub so we do not have one person monopolizing all the opportunities and extra draft picks.

Another alternative we could consider, and one which is used in the other league I run (and some of you are in), is allow a substitute coach to choose between the 8th round pick or an additional $100,000 (minimum player salary) of salary cap space. However, I would also want that tied to the more formal system for determining who the substitute coach is as described above.
MarkB
Wed Mar 23 2022, 05:50p.m.
Mark Blume

Registered Member #81

Also, be aware the current rule also states if a team forfeits a rookie draft pick by virtue of having to use a substitute coach, then that/those forfeited draft pick(s) is(are) what are available in the lottery. The single 5th round pick is only for when no picks have been forfeited.

The current rule is:
Penalties for non-participation. These penalties are cumulative:
-If you a member uses a substitute coach for three games, the team play only 14 games via the internet, you will lose its your 5th round rookie pick in the following Rookie Draft and incur a $.5 million salary cap penalty in the following season off your cap.
-If a member uses a substitute coach for four games, the team you play only 13 games via the internet, you will also lose its your 4th round rookie pick in the following Rookie Draft and incur another $.5 million salary cap fine in the following season off your cap.
-If a member uses a substitute coach for five games, the team you play only 12 games via the internet, you will also lose its your 3rd round rookie pick in the following Rookie Draft and incur another $1 million salary cap fine in the following season off your cap.
-If a member uses a substitute coach for six games, the team you play only 11 games via the internet, you will also lose its your 2nd round rookie pick in the following Rookie Draft and incur another $1 million salary cap fine in the following season off your cap.
-If a member uses a substitute coach for seven games, the team you play only 10 games via the internet, you will also lose its your 1st round rookie pick in the following Rookie Draft and incur another $2 million salary cap fine in the following season off your cap.
-If a team uses a substitute coach for eight or more games, the member you play fewer than 9 games via the internet, you will dropped from the league.

Inverness
Wed Mar 23 2022, 07:39p.m.

I like the original proposal, but do we really need the penalties?
MarkB
Wed Mar 23 2022, 09:01p.m.
Mark Blume

Registered Member #81

Inverness wrote ...

I like the original proposal, but do we really need the penalties?

The penalties are already part of the rule.
They've not been needed since I've been commissioner because you all are such a reliable group, we've never had anyone need a sub for more than three games, other than one coach who asked to take a leave of absence.

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF