KRFL :: Forums :: KRFL Forums :: General League Discussions
Home Fields << Previous thread | Next thread >>
Go to page   <<      
Moderators: noodles, MarkB
Author Post
Cliff
Mon Jan 16 2023, 12:04a.m.

#1 for NY.

Basically if we are going to let teams make up their own stadiums there is no difference if an actual stadium or not and we are just doing an exercise that will have the same result. The actual stadium we play in is just cosmetic if we can tweak weather or anything else.
sjenk
Tue Jan 17 2023, 05:30p.m.
Registered Member #73

#1 for Vancouver
OK with #2. Opposed to #3
PapaBear53
Sat Jan 21 2023, 12:17a.m.

I know I'm the semi-new kid on the block, but I think you should be required to play in the stadium at or near the city your team is based in. Having my team based in Salt Lake City I find it pretty silly that I can have my stadium be in Dusseldorf, Germany, or even worse in Phoenix or Miami where the weather is absolutely nothing like the weather here in Utah during the Fall and Winter months

But as for the question I favor #2, would be ok with #1 and am opposed to #3.

[ Edited Sat Jan 21 2023, 12:19a.m. ]
MarkB
Sat Jan 21 2023, 09:42a.m.
Mark Blume

Registered Member #81

Our current rule, from the rule book is:
1.7 – Owners are responsible for naming their teams and choosing a stadium. Team names and stadiums can only be changed during the off-season.

1.8 - In their first off-season opportunity, new coaches may select any stock stadium available with the Action Game Engine as their Home Field (becomes effective in upcoming season) that is not already claimed by an existing KRFL team. The name and weather effects of the given stadium will be used during the KRFL season.

----------------------
So I'd like you all to consider a compromise, a hybrid version....We throw out option #3 of creating your own stadium. We require teams to be in a stadium that actually exists and not a made up / pretend stadium (option #3). So no "past stadiums" that no longer exist. The stadium has to exist. However, the stadium does not need to be currently in use in the NFL or NCAA or in the Action PC football game. So for example, Roberto lives in Turin, Italy which has two large (European) football / (American) soccer stadiums. He could move his team to Turin and use one of those even though they are not currently in the game (as per our current rule). I will add the stadium and add the weather effects to the game based upon the climate in that area (or if it is a dome, then it is easy). And Cliff/NY can stay in the Edward James Dome in St. Louis since although it is not used any longer, it still exists.

Now, as to whether or not a team needs to play in a stadium close to the city it plays in.....
I do like that idea, but it would effect a few teams and I have one concern... Take the state of Florida where my team is located. I'd like to take the weather out of the equation and play in a domed stadium. But there are none in Florida (why I am not sure). So if we implemented this, my only choice is play in an open air stadium near Tampa or move my team. Cliff/NY is probably in the same situation, although he could move to the Carrier Dome in Syracuse I suppose. And I don't even know where some of these cities (Bay City, Black Hills, Salem Warrington) are or which location of that city (as there are multiples) is being used. So if we were to do this, some teams would either need to change stadiums or move:

Team-Home Field-City
Atlanta-Wembley Stadium-London
Bay Ciy-Georgia Dome-Atlanta (not sure where Bay City is)
Black Hills-Memorial Stadium-Baltimore
Moline-Arizona Stadium-Tucson, AZ
New York-Edward Jones Dome-St. Louis
Salem-Metrodome-Minneapolis (not sure which Salem this is)
Vancouver-Centry Link Field-Seattle
Warrington-M&T Bank Stadium-Baltimore (not sure which "Warrington this is as their are multiple cities with that name)
W. Seattle - Invesco Field-Denver

Please post your comments

[ Edited Sat Jan 21 2023, 10:01a.m. ]
Hawks
Sat Jan 21 2023, 03:01p.m.

#1 for Alabama.
noodles
Mon Jan 23 2023, 01:59a.m.
Webmaster

Registered Member #1

The town hosting my team, Rolling Green, is fictional. There is no such place. Additionally, the team plays at Doyt L. Perry Field, a real small-capacity stadium at a mid-sized university in Bowling Green, OH. Because of this, I'm in favor of maximum flexibility to maintain and encourage the fictional premises of our league. If the HFA is already set by rule, what difference does it make as long as we require the use of an actual stadium to include weather factors? Maybe the Hitmen play in St. Louis because the New York press got to the owner with their constant criticism.
sjenk
Mon Jan 23 2023, 06:57p.m.
Registered Member #73

So if we were to do this, some teams would either need to change stadiums or move:

Team-Home Field-City
Atlanta-Wembley Stadium-London
Bay Ciy-Georgia Dome-Atlanta (not sure where Bay City is)
Black Hills-Memorial Stadium-Baltimore
Moline-Arizona Stadium-Tucson, AZ
New York-Edward Jones Dome-St. Louis
Salem-Metrodome-Minneapolis (not sure which Salem this is)
Vancouver-Centry Link Field-Seattle
Warrington-M&T Bank Stadium-Baltimore (not sure which "Warrington this is as their are multiple cities with that name)
W. Seattle - Invesco Field-Denver

Vancouver years ago chose Century Link (now actually Lumen Field) as it's the closest NFL stadium to Vancouver and because it offered some weather variation
The league has 3 teams in the Seattle region, so some stadium flexibility is needed. The idea of forcing a team to move seems to go too far.

[ Edited Mon Jan 23 2023, 06:59p.m. ]
Go to page   <<       

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF