Go to page       >>  
Moderators: noodles, MarkB
Author Post
MarkB
Mon Dec 13 2021, 05:38p.m.
Mark Blume

Registered Member #81

On 12/13/2021 4:36 PM, Mark Blume wrote:

Each member already gets one credit every time they sub. So if you sub five times and I sub once, you stand a 83% chance of winning a forfeited or extra pick and I have a 17% chance. And it is not always a 5th round pick. Forfeited picks start in the 5th round and go all the way up to a 1st round pick.

If there are no forfeited picks (I do not recall any since I became commissioner in 2015) instead of a lottery for a single 5th round pick, perhaps we add a second 5th round pick if more than 10 subs were used and a third if more than 15 subs were used.Here are the number of sub-coaches that have been used:
2021 so far - 12
2020 - 6
2019 - 17
2018 - 7
2017 - 9

On 12/13/2021 3:54 PM, algy krebbs wrote:
I also think we should add into the Rookie Draft Pick Lottery an additional fifth round rookie pick for every five games subbed in the league to sweeten the incentive for subbing.

On Mon, Dec 13, 2021 at 2:09 PM algy krebbs <> wrote:

15.103a - If you do not have the rookie pick to lose (because it was previously traded), you will lose
next best pick (e.g., if you should lose your fifth rounder, but don't have a fifth rounder, you lose
your fourth instead). If you have two picks in a given round, you will lose the lesser of the two in
that round (e.g., if you have the 3rd and 15th pick in the fourth round and the penalty is loss of a
fourth round rookie pick, you lose the 15th pick). In the event that a penalized team has an insufficient number of rookie draft picks to forfeit,
an additional $1m fine will be assessed per unavailable draft pick in addition to the above mentioned penalties.

On Mon, Dec 13, 2021 at 12:37 PM wrote:

the only thing I might add.... in instances where both teams are mutually at
fault for being unable to play.... if there is a disparity in records, I
might give the option to play live(find a substitute)
to the team who is still contending versus a team that is eliminated if it
is a late-season game....

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Monday, December 13, 2021 10:47 AM
To: Knute Rockne Football League
Subject: KRFL: Proposed KRFL Rule Changes

Please see the attached for my proposed rule changes surrounding
scheduling games and requesting substitute coaches. Please provide any
comments you may have. I plan to implement this change for the 2022
season, if not immediately. It is to address recent game scheduling
issues we have had, including but not only those related to teams being
unable to host games. For those of you in the AFC league, it is modeled
after those rules which have worked well for years, however without the
requirement to copy me on scheduling emails.

Mark

[ Edited Mon Dec 13 2021, 05:45p.m. ]
MarkB
Mon Dec 13 2021, 05:47p.m.
Mark Blume

Registered Member #81

I was thinking that every team that subbed should get an 8th round rookie pick and one person via a lottery could get a 5th instead of an 8th.

Steelers
Mon Dec 13 2021, 07:21p.m.
Registered Member #100

Whatever the new revised rules say, they should make sure the following is allowed.

If a team cannot host a game and the opponent can host the game, then the opponent hosts the game.

If both teams cannot host a game, any team which is in the playoffs has priority over a team who is no longer in contention and the contender has a right to replace the non contender with a sub.

In the event both teams cannot host and they are both in contention, I have no problem alternating who gets to play the game as long as whatever penalty can be offset by an equal credit for subbing a game for another team who cannot play for some other reason than unable to host.

In the meantime, if a team refuses to allow another team to host because they believe zoom is not a secure platform, I need the commissioner to decide if that means I cannot host if that is the only way I can presently host.

Given the commish wants all this on the forum to make a record, I am following his orders.

[ Edited Mon Dec 13 2021, 07:25p.m. ]
Steelers
Mon Dec 13 2021, 07:29p.m.
Registered Member #100

While we are on the topic, does anyone have any experience using the DK Sports site where the site hosts two teams that want to play a game and cannot host ?? I am not sure if it even exists.
MarkB
Mon Dec 13 2021, 07:48p.m.
Mark Blume

Registered Member #81

Steelers wrote ...

While we are on the topic, does anyone have any experience using the DK Sports site where the site hosts two teams that want to play a game and cannot host ?? I am not sure if it even exists.

I've never used it, but you can find information at http://www.aaroncraneinstitute.com/football/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?11222
Steelers
Mon Dec 13 2021, 08:00p.m.
Registered Member #100

Network Name: Knute Rockne Football League
Network Id: 338-199-859
Password: krfl

password rejected ... any updates ??
Steelers
Mon Dec 13 2021, 08:08p.m.
Registered Member #100

if there are no updates, can the Commish contact the software vendor and get the updated contact information.
This seems like it would solve the problem if we have accurate information.
MarkB
Mon Dec 13 2021, 08:10p.m.
Mark Blume

Registered Member #81

My responses can be found between the >>> and <<<.
MarkB

[quote]

If a team cannot host a game and the opponent can host the game, then the opponent hosts the game.
>>>That is written into my proposal as: "15.4 – The HOME team is obligated to host the game. If the home team cannot host a game and the away team can host, then the away team is obligated to host. If neither the home nor the away team can host a game, then Home team loses its right to control which team must use a substitute coach and the AWAY should request a substitute coach for the Home team. Why does the home team lose control in this situation? To motivate the home to make the necessary changes to be able to host a game." <<<

If both teams cannot host a game, any team which is in the playoffs has priority over a team who is no longer in contention and the contender has a right to replace the non contender with a sub.

In the event both teams cannot host and they are both in contention, I have no problem alternating who gets to play the game as long as whatever penalty can be offset by an equal credit for subbing a game for another team who cannot play for some other reason than unable to host.
>>>I understand the reasoning for this modification, but it would likely lead to disputes and misunderstandings between teams and cause the Commissioner extra time sorting it out or having to spend a lot of time work through playoff tie-breakers every single week for the last 6+ weeks of the season. The proposed section 15.4 (pasted above) is clear and simple so home and away teams should have not trouble understanding it and can figure it out for themselves without the involvement of the Commissioner.<<<

In the meantime, if a team refuses to allow another team to host because they believe zoom is not a secure platform, I need the commissioner to decide if that means I cannot host if that is the only way I can presently host.
>>>I do not believe someone else should be required to add a software program (Zoom, Hamachi or anything else) they are unfamiliar with or uncomfortable with to their computer to be able to play a game when Action PC Football allows for internet play with no additional software required. If a member wants to use Zoom, Hamachi or anything else to connect to the host of the game, that is fine. But they should not be required to.<<<

>>>Clearly it would be great if DKSports would once and for all resolve the issues with connections for internet play. I am guessing it isn't being done because they are a small company, with limited resources and software that is used by less than 500 people worldwide, and so making whatever changes are necessary is not an economic reality for them. <<<

[ Edited Mon Dec 13 2021, 08:51p.m. ]
MarkB
Mon Dec 13 2021, 08:14p.m.
Mark Blume

Registered Member #81

Steelers wrote ...

Network Name: Knute Rockne Football League
Network Id: 338-199-859
Password: krfl

password rejected ... any updates ??

I just tried it and connected to it with the information above. Please try again.
Steelers
Mon Dec 13 2021, 09:21p.m.
Registered Member #100

Great. I just connected as well.
Let me know when we can test it out and see if this will solve the problem.
As I have said, I am usually available between Monday and Thursday from 8am till 8 pm CT and more limited availability on Friday night and weekends.
Go to page       >>   

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF